The inverted dual-sided illumination light-sheet microscope
- Close-to-natural environmental conditions for sensitive samples
- The NEW ready-to-use TruLive3D Dishes facilitate sample mounting
- Compact, vibration-free and robust design
- Resolution down to 255 nm in xy
- Intuitive User Interface
The TruLive3D Imager is optimized for fast 3D multi-sample imaging of delicate live specimens in their native 3D environment.
The optical concept, with dual-sided illumination and single-lens detection from below, enables fast acquisition speed, high-resolution imaging, and minimal shadowing effects.
The system is especially suited for multi-position imaging of small embryos (e.g. mouse), 3D spheroids, oocytes and more, enabling time-lapse, high-throughput imaging experiments.
Large Sample Holder
The sample chamber in the TruLive3D Imager fits a large sample holder (length = 75 mm), which can accommodate tens to hundreds of samples.
Similar to the InVi SPIM, the FEP foil lining the holder serves the dual function of a “curved coverglass” and a physical barrier between the immersion medium and sample medium.
The new ready-to-use TruLive3D Dishes are fully compatible with the TruLive3D Imager. The possibility to line up three disposable dishes extends the capacities of the system to enable the parallel imaging of samples grown under different media conditions.
The TruLive3D Imager compact, robust and vibration-free design provides maximal stability even during long-term high-throughput experiments.
Tailored to fit your lab bench, this class 1 laser system does not require any air table or vibration-compensation mechanism as all moving components are light-weight and balanced. Maximal stability of focus and thermal conditions are also guaranteed. The proprietary piezo-crawler stages ensure longevity and precision for a permanently accurate specimen positioning. Neither the images nor the quality of your sample is affected thanks to the unique and very gentle image-acquisition concept.
Illumination and Detection
The TruLive3D Imager can achieve a resolution down to 255 nm in xy, enabling resolving subcellular structures in living samples free of phototoxic effects.
The system features dual-sided illumination and single-lens detection from below, enabling high-resolution imaging and minimal shadowing effects. A wide-field imaging option facilitates sample positioning.
Two Nikon CFI Plan Fluor 10x W 0.3 NA water immersion objective lenses project the light-sheet on the sample. Detection includes a high numerical aperture Nikon CFI Apo 25x W 1.1 NA water immersion objective lens. An additional magnification changer results in 31.3x and 62.5x total magnification for field view and sampling adjustment according to your experimental needs.
|Illumination||Detection||Effective Magnification||Field of View||Pixel size||Optical Resolution|
|10x/0.3 NA||Nikon 25x/1.1 NA||
- Illumination optics
- Chromatic correction from 440 to 660 nm
- Light-sheet generation by beam scanning
- Flexible light-sheet thickness (2 µm to 6 µm)
- Two Nikon CFI Plan Fluor 10x W 0.3 NA water immersion objective lens
- Detection optics
- One Nikon CFI Apo 25x W 1.1 NA water immersion objective lens
- 2 spectral detection channels, each equipped with a fast filter wheel (10 positions and 50 ms switching time between adjacent positions)
- Filters adapted to the selected laser lines
- 2 high-speed sCMOS cameras Hamamatsu Orca Flash 4.0 V3
- Maximum frame rate >80 fps at full frame (2048 × 2048 pixels of 6.5 µm × 6.5 µm size) and up to 500 fps at subframe cropping
- Peak quantum efficiency (QE): 82% @ 560 nm
Electronics, microscope control and computer
LUXENDO's intuitive user interface offers a simple setup and execution of multidimensional experiments, while real-time control is handled by an embedded controller to ensure microsecond-precision timing independent of the PC’s performance fluctuations.
Precise timing control of all connected devices is a prerequisite for reliable experimental outcomes. Full control of data streaming to storage as well as GPU-supported image processing further complements the overall performance.
- Electronics, microscope software & computer
- Embedded microscope software with an open communication interface: documented API, TCP/IP-based communication
- Flexible GUI for interactive microscope control and experiment design
- Computer with 256 GB RAM, Intel dual 8 core CPU
- High-speed RAID controller for data streaming, 8 × 4 TB local storage in RAID O
- GeForce RTX 2080 graphics card
- 10 Gbit/s on-board Ethernet port
- 1 UHTV 40 inch display
If you have any question regarding your microscopes functionality or you want to schedule a maintenance visit, then get in contact with LUXENDO’s support team. We will ensure to get the right person involved to answer your request.
Watch our webinars for a comprehensive explanation of our light-sheet microscopy systems and their applications.
More info about our Light-sheet microscopy systems just with a few mouse-clicks.