Software Developer (f/m/D)
At LUXENDO we develop and build high-end fluorescence microscopes for advanced research in biology and medicine. We are a small, dynamic team, and our development, production, marketing, and sales are all beneath the same roof, right in the center of the nice city of Heidelberg, Germany. We’re looking for you to come join our software development team.
Founded in 2015, LUXENDO is a spin-out from EMBL in Heidelberg, Germany commercializing advanced Single Plane Illumination Microscopes (SPIM).
In the last years, it has rapidly developed robust product solutions based on the patented SPIM technology. Compared to modern state of the art confocal or wide-field microscopes, SPIM technology allows for significantly reduced sampling times at comparable and even higher resolution with highly reduced damaging side effects on the living objects investigated. Nature Science has characterized SPIM technology, also known as light sheet microscopy, as “Method of the Year 2014.”
Now, as part of Bruker Corporation, LUXENDO’s light-sheet microscopes enable new research advances in small organism embryology, live-cell imaging, brain development and cleared brain tissue, and optogenetics applications.
What You get
- You get to work in a friendly, motivated, international team of skilled developers, based in Heidelberg.
- Together we solve challenging problems to build and improve cutting-edge technology for the control of our microscopes, and for advanced processing and visualization of the large amounts (terabytes) of 3d image data.
- As part of our ambitious team effort, your focus would be on the development of
- the frontend (GUI) for user control of our microscopes,
- the user-interaction (GUI) part of image processing/computation and visualization.
- The user-control frontends you develop are based on modern web-based technologies such as Angular, Electron, etc., and together we build the infrastructure to connect these frontends with microscopes, compute servers, data storage, etc., leveraging state-of-the-art IoT technologies, and modern programming languages.
- You will have the opportunity to learn new technologies, around both software and hardware, and flexibly devote time to looking into new cutting-edge solutions.
- You will take part in our team effort to build a high-end, enabling user experience for researchers using our technology at the best research institutions around the globe, leading to important scientific discoveries in biology and medicine.
- To solve these challenging problems, we often have team discussions where we think and invent together fresh, unconventional ideas and solutions, in an open-minded, welcoming atmosphere.
What we need
Ideally, you bring the following skills:
- Degree in a technical discipline
- Strong interest / experience in web or GUI development, with focus on a great user experience
- Things to learn / know:
- Nice to have is basic knowledge of: Angular, HTML5, CSS, Python, MQTT, WebSockets, Git, Node.js, WebGL
- Working language is English (knowledge of German is not required)
Dr. Lars Hufnagel will be happy to answer your questions. We look forward to receiving your written application.