Software Engineer / GUI Designer (f/m)
You will be part of LUXENDO’s team and based in Heidelberg.
Founded in 2015, LUXENDO is a spin-out from EMBL in Heidelberg, Germany commercializing advanced Single Plane Illumination Microscopes (SPIM).
In the last years, it has rapidly developed robust product solutions based on the patented SPIM technology. Compared to modern state of the art confocal or wide-field microscopes, SPIM technology allows for significantly reduced sampling times at comparable and even higher resolution with highly reduced damaging side effects on the living objects investigated. Nature Science has characterized SPIM technology, also known as light sheet microscopy, as “Method of the Year 2014.”
Now, as part of Bruker Corporation, LUXENDO’s light-sheet microscopes enable new research advances in small organism embryology, live-cell imaging, brain development and cleared brain tissue, and optogenetics applications.
The Software Engineer / GUI Designer (m/f) will be responsible for the set up and maintenance of a holistic microscope control interface. Further functionalities, e.g. the post processing pipeline will be part of the downstream implementation of the technology. The acquisition data stream has a particular emphasis on handling a large number of files in short time. Interactions with graphic design agencies are completing the task. The position reports to the CTO LUXENDO, Germany.
The essential functions are:
- Design, program and maintain of the GUI (graphical user interface) for acquisition, visualization and processing of SPIM data
- Together with our embedded control team you design, develop and maintain the GUI-embedded interface
- Continuous maintenance and extension of the GUI according to new use cases
- Development and execution of standardized usability tests
- Solution oriented collaboration with LUXENDOs application team
- Maintaining the GUI backbone
- Degree in technical discipline with emphasis on informatics
- Years of experience in web or GUI development for complex research
- Susceptibility to web and GUI ergonomy and practical usability
- Experience in Java, Python, PHP, SASS, MQTT, Websocket
- Strong object-oriented skills
- Experience in object based architectures and software frameworks
- Experience in angular.js and WebGL, node.js are beneficial but not required
- Very good at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, designing and implementing solutions to complex technical issues
- Used to source code version controlling such as GIT
- Experience in responsive web design (DT and mobile)
- Team player in an international environment
- Proficiency in English
Dr. Andreas Pfuhl will be happy to answer your questions. We look forward to receiving your written application.