MuVi-SPIM Imaging Life In The Fast Lane
Latest sCMOS camera technology and optimized combinations of objective lenses enable you to obtain the best from your sample: data you always wanted but could never get.
- Large field of view
- Close-to-confocal resolution
- Very high imaging speed
- Highest sensitivity and minimal noise
Fruit fly development in 3D
A fruit fly embryo from when it was about two-and-a-half hours old until it walked away from the microscope as a larva.
The Microscope Seeing Life From A Different Angle – Or Four
The MuVi-SPIM provides four simultaneous orthogonal views on large living specimens without the need for sample rotation. This avoids shadowing effects and facilitates long-term imaging at dramatically increased acquisition speed. The modular software concept allows the flexible design of complex experimental layouts. 3D image data are fused in real-time and directly streamed to a storage and data processing server.
- 3D imaging of large specimen with light-sheet illumination
- Gentle sample handling and low phototoxicity
- Highly sensitive and fast imaging
MuVi-SPIM The Technology
The MuVi-SPIM utilizes a sheet of laser light to illuminate only a thin slice of a fluorescently labeled sample. A wide-field fluorescence microscope, placed perpendicular to the light-sheet, serves to collect the fluorescence signal and images the observed region by means of a camera.
This features the following advantages:
- Intrinsic 3D optical sectioning
- Excellent signal-to-noise ratio
- High time resolution
- Drastically reduced overall photobleaching and phototoxicity
The Technology 360° Illumination and detection
The four objective lenses allow four combinations of illumination and detection. This provides four orthogonal views of the specimen without the need for sample rotation, enabling:
- Multiple view imaging of large samples at unprecedented speed
- Long-term stability
- Time series over several days
- Robust image registration
- Real-time data fusion and visualization
Specifications & Configurations
|Objective lens mounting unit||
|Sample chamber and stage||
|Electronics, Computer, Software||
Interested in MuVi-SPIM and our follow-on products?
Just fill out the form below and our professional team will assist and help you through all your questions and needs.